La Consolacion College Tanauan (LCCT), a Catholic Augustinian educational institution is committed to the security and protection of its staff and clientele, thus, it supports Republic Act 10173, otherwise known as the Data Privacy Act of 2012. La Consolacion College Tanauan takes the obligation to protect the data privacy rights of individuals whose personal data are collected, used, stored, and processed. LCCT is steadfast in striking a balance between your personal privacy and the free flow of information, particularly when this is essential to protect your legitimate interests, and also for LCCT to effectively perform its function as an educational institution.
This Data Protection Policy is our policy regarding the data that we collect, use, disclose and transfer, including personal data.
The LCCT Data Protection Policy applies to the keeping and processing of personal data, both in manual and on computer, of students, school staff, management, parents/guardians and others in so far as the measures under the policy relate to them.
Definition of Terms: (IRR, Data Privacy 2012)
- Personal data is the term used when referring to personal information, sensitive personal information and privileged information collectively.
- Personal information refers to any information whether recorded in a material form or not, from which the identity of an individual is apparent or can be reasonably and directly ascertained by the entity holding the information, or when put together with other information would directly and certainly identify an individual.
- Privileged information refers to any and all forms of data which under the Rules of Court and other pertinent laws constitute privileged communication.
- Sensitive personal information refers to personal information:
- About an individual’s race, ethnic origin, marital status, age, color, and religious, philosophical or political affiliations;
- About an individual’s health, education, genetic or sexual life of a person, or to any proceeding for any offense committed or alleged to have been committed by such person, the disposal of such proceedings, or the sentence of any court in such proceedings;
- Issued by government agencies peculiar to an individual which includes, but not limited to, social security numbers, previous or current health records, licenses or its denials, suspension or revocation, and tax returns; and
- Specifically established by an executive order or an act of Congress to be kept classified.
- Processing refers to any operation or any set of operations performed upon personal data including, but not limited to, the collection, recording, organization, storage, updating or modification, retrieval, consultation, use, consolidation, blocking, erasure or destruction of data. Processing may be by automated means, or manual processing, if the personal data are contained or are intended to be contained in a filing system.
“The classification is important because under the Act there are specific provisions that apply only to personal information, as distinguished from sensitive personal or privileged information. Sensitive personal and privileged information as a general rule should not be processed except if with consent of the data subject, or when specifically authorized by law. This is because the sensitivity of the personal data also means that unlawful or unauthorized processing would be more prejudicial or lead to greater harm to the data subjects.” (DPA, Bedan Review, 2017). Data subject refers to an individual whose personal, sensitive personal or privileged information is processed.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
La Consolacion College Tanauan as a Catholic school seeks to enable each student to develop his/her full potential in a safe and secure environment for learning. LCCT aims to promote respect for the diversity of values, beliefs, traditions, languages and ways of life in society. LCCT desires to ensure that the data protection rights of students, staff and other members of the school community are safeguarded, thus, policies on the collection of personal data are established.
How We Use Your Information
We collect, acquire, or generate your personal data in many forms. They may consist of written records, photographic and video images, digital material, and even biometric records. We may also collect information that is publicly available such as the information you submit to a blog, chat room, social network. Examples include:
- Information you provide us during your application for employment. When you apply with us for employment, we collect directory information like your name, address and contact details. We also collect data such as those from your application letter, bio-data/resume, transcript of records, employment record, medical record, marriage certificate, etc.
- Information we collect or generate during your employment. During your employment, we may also collect additional information about you such as: record of appointment, promotion, details of absences, leaves of absence, details of work record (qualifications, subjects and classes taught, schedules, etc.) details of complaints and grievances, performance evaluation, scholarship, research output, seminars and conferences attended, membership in professional organizations, authorship, etc. Data in the form of pictures, videos or recordings from the closed-circuit security television (CCTV) cameras installed within the premises of the school can also be acquired.
- Unsolicited information. There may be instances when personal information is sent to or received by us even without our prior request. In such cases, we will determine if we can legitimately keep such information. If it is not connected to any of our educational interests, we will immediately dispose of the information. If it is connected to our legitimate educational interests, it will be treated in the same manner as information you provide us.
Note: If you supply us with personal data of other individuals (e.g., person to contact in the event of an emergency), we will assume that you have obtained the consent of such individuals before providing us with their personal data.
Your personal data are necessary information to enable us to:
- facilitate the payment of your salaries and wages,
- facilitate the payment of retirement benefits,
- compile records and generate reports for possible promotion or dismissal,
- evaluate performance,
- make authentic recommendations,
- give assignments based on qualifications,
- communicate official school announcements,
- solicit your participation in research and surveys and share marketing and promotional materials relative to school activities and functions.
We may also share, disclose or transfer your personal data to other persons or organizations for purposes such as:
- sharing information to funders or benefactors for purposes of scholarships or grants,
- publishing in our official paper, brochures, portfolios, etc,
- sharing information with organizations for the school’s accreditation requirements,
- conducting research and surveys for school development purposes,
- publishing information in bulletin boards, website, school social media accounts, etc.
- marketing or advertising to promote the school through photos, videos, brochures, social media postings and other advertising platforms.
STORAGE AND RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
Your personal data is stored and transmitted securely in either paper or electronic formats. Only authorized school personnel have access to your personal data.
Unless otherwise provided by law or by school policies, we will retain your relevant personal data indefinitely for historical and statistical purposes.
If you would like to review, update and/or delete your personal data provided to us, please submit your written requests to:
The Office of the College President
La Consolacion College Tanauan
Tanauan City, Batangas
Or through :
CHANGES TO OUR POLICY
La Consolacion College Tanauan reserves the right to modify, change or amend this policy at any time effective immediately after posting in our official media accounts. Please regularly visit our official media accounts to keep track of changes to this policy.
Our Official media accounts are the following:
La Consolacion College Tanauan Premiere Account (Facebook)