Bachelor of Secondary Education
Bachelor of Secondary Education (BSEd) ia an undergraduate teacher education program designed to equip learners with adequate and relevant competencies to teach in their chosen area of specialization/major in the secondary level.
The BSEd program have 4 Majors namely:
- Major in English Program is tailored to develop the students’ language skills to communicate and interact effectively and confidently in English in a wide variety of social, work and travel settings. It further equips graduates with effective instruction in both language and literature disciplines and conduct of researches relevant to trends and innovations in education.
- Medyor sa Filipino Program ay sumasaklaw sa pag-aaral ng wika, pamamahayag, kultura at panitikan sa iba’t ibang genre, gayundin ng pagsasagawa ng riserts ay hinuhubog at inihahanda ang natapos nito bilang produktibong guro, administrador sa akademya, mananalakisik at tagapayo ng publikasyon.
- Major in Mathematics Program is designed to cover the essential disciplines of Mathematics such as Calculus, Algebra, Statistics, Mathematical Analyses that require problem-solving, clear analytical thought processes and logical arguments, identification and analysis of shapes and patterns.
- Major in Science Program is designed to provide students with a strong foundation ion the concepts and theories of molecular, cellular, evolutionary and ecological science. The program covers topics in anatomy, physiology, general biology and genetics.
The graduate of BSEd qualifies to take Licensure Examination for Teachers (LET) leading to a Professional Licensed Teacher conducted by the Board of Professional Teachers under the supervision of the Professional Regulations Commission (PRC).
- Subject Teacher
- Teaching Assistant
- Substitute Teacher
- Private Tutor
- Volunteer Teacher
- Publication Adviser
MID – LEVEL POSITION
- High School Teacher
- Head Teacher
- Assistant Principal of a High School
- High School Department Head of specific major
- College Professor – requires a Master’s Education
- Administrator in the Dept. of Education, CHED or TESDA
- School Supervisor/Superintendents
- High School Principal
- Teaching Consultant
- Senior Administrator in the Department of Education, CHED or TESDA
- Academic Book Writer
- Curriculum Developer